St. Andrews CRA
Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc. (HSAWP)
Historic St. Andrews, a village by the bay where cultural attractions, entertainment, and commerce thrive.
The Panama City Commission recognized the need to revitalize the St. Andrews community and in 1989, designated St. Andrews as a Community Redevelopment Area. In 1997, to aid in the revitalization and redevelopment of this quaint coastal community, St. Andrews applied for and received a designation as a Waterfronts Florida Partnership Community under the state's Waterfronts Florida Program. Through its Waterfronts Florida Partnership Program, the Department of Community Affairs designates communities to receive intensive technical assistance, training and education, and limited financial support to help implement community-designed vision plans for their waterfront area.
In recent years, the St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc. has reorganized itself as the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc. and received tax exemption status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as a charitable organization. Thus, the Historic St. Andrews Waterfront Partnership, Inc. is proud to serve the community as a 501(c)3 organization.
The mission of the HSAWP is to advocate for public and private partnerships that elicit the interest of groups and individuals to promote growth, sustainability and economic revitalization within the St. Andrews community, while preserving the historic character and identity of the community. Subsequently, the HSAWP operates and maintains the Panama City Publishing Company Museum and Visitor's Center, operates The Market at St. Andrews and serves in an advisory capacity to the City of Panama City and to the St. Andrews CRA regarding projects, causes and concerns of the business and residential community within the CRA boundaries.
- Increase visitation to St. Andrews
- Promote awareness of St. Andrews' history
- Find ways the past can catalyze revitalization
- Attract new businesses and developments in keeping with community vision
- Employ traditional town planning approach compatible with vision of St. Andrews as an historic village
- Promote St. Andrews' environmental quality and provide for public access and enjoyment of natural resources; promote a clean, green appearance
- Maintain a calendar of festivals and events to attract people to St. Andrews
- Partner with key stakeholders in St. Andrews who will see revitalization through